Check our guide on how to and rent your apartment in Costa del Sol!!
Today’s global society makes people choose experiences over things.
Hence, more and more couples, millennials, families choose to spend their budgets on vacations ´under the sun´.
They spend hours on their online search for the ideal ´apartments for rent´ for the next holiday escape!
On the other hand, owners of apartments for rent often face the problem on how to monetize their apartments for rent and how to make money out of it without that becoming a disaster case long term . It is obvious that sometimes long cost and effects of renting could be negative on their properties.
Rafleys is specialized in managing apartments & vacational rental properties! Our experts will guide you on how to monetize your rental apartments efficiently and make money for living out of it without facing drama cases with ´bad tenants´and tenants that will ruin your property!
Here’s the overall process you should follow:
- Prepare your apartment showing
- Organize the paperwork of your apartment
- Research the apartment rental prices & try to adjust your rental price
- Choose carefully your tenants
1. Prepare your apartment for showing offline and online on different media channels
It is more than evident that the more time you invest preparing your property the more chances you will have to rent it.
- Repair cracks and holes on the walls and put some fresh coat of paint over the walls.
- Check on your appliances , broken light bulbs, door locks, plugins etc. It might be even a good idea to prepare a checklist on the state of things to use when the tenant moves in or out.
- Air out the apartment for rent and use soft home aromas to give your home a beautiful & atmospheric sense of ´HOME¨
- Decorating your apartment for rent is a good idea! You don´t have to overspend your time on this one. Using small tricks and tips to make it look ´cozy and stylish would make your tenants feel welcomed.
2. Organize the paperwork of your apartment
If you want to attract quality audience for your rental, you will need to have the right paperwork on hand.
- Having an occupational license that makes you compliant with technical conditions and quality requirements for housing is a MUST
- Direct external ventilation or via a patio and a window shading system ( either by blinds or curtains).
- Having your apartment for rent equipped and furnished is also obligatory. Make sure you supply the instructions for electrical appliances.
- Air conditioning system with units in all bedrooms and common use areas for cooling / heating
For properties classified as of ¨ Cultural Interest” where modifications and/or building work is prohibited air conditioning system might be an exception
- Having a book for customer complaints and claims is the key to your success and it obligatory in the region of Andalucia
- Facilitating information on local amenities and establishments is super useful for your guests
- Having a medical kit with proper supplies is vital to ensure your guests well being in emergency cases and accidents
- Hygiene and cleanliness prior to the arrival and after the departure of your guests are MUST
- Bedding, towels, spare sets and other types of necessary household goods need to be in place
- Always leave a contact number that can be reached 24/7 for customer questions and queries
- Inform your guests on property rules and guidelines
3. Research the rent rates before you place your ad
Make sure the Price is Right!
It might sound very simple but google ¨apartments for rent¨and compare market prices to yours.
It is always wise to research and spy on your competitors before you go for your own ads and price marking.
Don’t be too greedy as you might want to hit the competition at first. You will rent your unit faster, have a more demand short term or long term. It’s better to lose a bit short term but kick off faster and get your rental business set and going!
Do not skip the must do sales channels to get your property booked !
- Advertise online! We want to be open in our advise and we would wish you good luck in your listings with all possible portals and renting platforms out there. However, if you want custom services and an all year booking do consider working with Rafleys. Our customer based approach and local know how will guarantee you a flawless service.
- Put a sign up for your apartment rental with a phone number. It will be a ´showcase´for renting your property to possible customers out there and will also make it noticeable for possible booking agents and property managers
- Use your own network and do not miss on possible opportunities. Email all of our friends and let them know you have got an apartment for rent.
4. It may sound easy but choose your new tenants carefully!
Whether your letting your apartment for short term rent or long term its vital to understand who is your tenant.
#1 Profile Basics
Basic contact information such as phone number and email address are verified during the account set up on most apartment rental portals. Sometimes the user might even have an about me section , make sure to check that as well.
#2 Social Media
If you have a visibility to your guest/ user profile try to checking their social media e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google , other. Look for a significant amount of connections and in general make sure the profile looks reliable and real.
#3 ID Verification
If there is a pre id verification process on the portal you are using, do make sure to check this option. It might be a safe way to a secure booking.
Most apartment rental portals offer an insurance policy which provides owners and property managers with liability protection for all stays processed online.
We hope that Rafleys tips and know hows shared in this article will help you rent your property easier. Our experts are here to help you and reach out anytime! Do not hesitate to list your property with us and get an exposure to more than 50 portals online https://rafleys.com/list-your-home/ . For further Inquiries email to: email@example.com