Why work with Rafleys
Get Your property rented all year through with Rafleys
We will help you rank your property ad FREE OF CHARGE
How to list your home
First of all, we take the matter of renting your apartment or villa from the very beginning. You can decide to leave it in our hands, and we will proceed with professional descriptions of the property, professional photo session and creation of listings on all known portals.
We will help you:
Obtain your tourist license, set as
mandatory by Junta de Andalucía
Write and edit instructions in
English and Spanish.
Develop a strategy to gain popularity
among tourist who book online
Synchronize your calendars and
co-work with other managers
Advertise your apartment/
villa for sale
Manage safety deposit and
disputes related to it
Keep all the mandatory
documents up to date
Check in and Check
out of guests
Help you to fix, maintain and repair your
apartment if needed
Arrange cleaning and laundry
And much more!
7 ways to make your vacation home popular among tourists
1. Have availability. The more open days you have on your calendar, the higher you get on the search lists of different portals
2. Have many beautiful photos of your property. People base the decision of the home they rent mainly on the photos they see. It is very important have informative, well lit, professionally made photos that show the essence of your home.
3. Adequate your prices to the tendency in your area.
4. Have fast internet. Nowadays it is almost impossible to imagine holidays without WIFI, especially if you travel abroad.
5. Treat your guests with care and attention. The best way to be visible online and obtain more bookings is to have good comments from your guests. It is important to respond to all their need at all times.
6. Have the possibility to book instantly. Many tourists find it difficult to plan their holidays constantly waiting for the owner’s response to their inquiries.
7. Have nice amenities such as quality mattresses, new towels and linens, welcome pack, effective heating and cooling systems, good water pressure, etc.
What makes rentals with Rafleys so easy
Our philosophy is making the owners comfortable with the level of participation in their home rentals.
Do you want to create your own listing and communicate with your guests, managing check-ins and check-outs, try our PLAN BASIC
You would rather leave all the rental matters to our managers and just manage the income rentals create in your bank account- then PLAN PREMIUM or SUBLET is the right one for you
Your desire is to participate to the maximum but the lack of time or difficulties with the language add stress to your life- relax and let Rafleys help you only with what you need. Check our PLAN PLUS and decide the best services to contract with Rafleys to make the holiday rent a smooth business rather than a second job for you.
Can Rafleys help?
Those owners who enjoy PLAN PLATINUM can make Rafleys responsible for the communication of the data of their guests to the Police.
Rafleys will be happy to provide the data regarding new guests and tenants to the police on behalf of the owners, in accordance with the current Spanish law. This feature will be available free of charge for those owners on the PLATINUM PLAN, who will meet the following requirements and have:
1. Provided us with the documentation necessary for registration with police (listed below):
- Escritura of the purchase/sale of the property
- Owner’s DNI
- Renting license with stamp – Declaracion responsable
2. Signed the property management contract appendix regarding the permission of reporting the data of the tourists/guests to the police.
3. Confirmed to accept bookings strictly through Rafleys*
In case you confirmed this, we will follow up with the mentioned appendix for your consideration.
* The law allows only one person responsible for the reporting to police for each property. If Rafleys takes this responsibility upon itself, this will imply the risks of administrative penalization for any misconducts of these reports, in case any other parties have accepted bookings. This means that no such parties will be accepted in the management of the rental processes.
The idea of a welcome pack is empathy based. Some travellers take late night flights and arrive to the apartment/villa without any food or water. It may be difficult to find an open shop on Sundays, and guests appreciate we treat them with care.
Therefore it is a good practice to leave a welcome pack consisting of some basics that make it possible to satisfy children´s hunger at night or the need of immediate breakfast.
What to include:
- A bottle of water
- Cereal/cookies/sliced bread
- Olive oil/garlic/salt/pepper/sugar
- A bottle of wine
We suggest apart from the food and drink, the guests are provided with soap, shampoo, some washing powder, cleaning products and garbage bags.
Tourist license is set as mandatory by Junta de Andalucía. In order to obtain it, the property must comply with some standards. You can refer to the site on Junta de Andalucía and find out what these standards represent.
Here we place a list for you:
- The property must have an air-conditioning system in the living room and in the bedrooms. There must be curtains or some other possibility to darken the place.
- It has to have all the necessary items for a comfortable stay, provide clean bed linens and towels.
- First Aid Kit
- Reclamation sheet
- There must be instructions in English and in Spanish explaining to the guest the community rules, the way to operate electronic devices and kitchen gear, giving directions and telephone numbers of nearby hospitals and emergency services, giving information about the urban transport and recommending to the guest interesting places to visit, restaurants, coffee shops and supermarkets.
Check these instructions prepared by Rafleys Costa del Sol to find out what information it is important to include in the instruction sheets. Whether it is Rafleys or the owner him or herself who prepares these instructions, it is useful to include personal recommendations and detailed explanations taking into consideration that some guests come from different countries with completely different cultures and rules and it is better to be specific to the maximum.
It is owner´s responsibility to report the presence of guests in his/her property to the police.
Every time there is a check in, a form provided by the police must be filled in and signed by all the guests older than 16. The guests fill in information regarding their passport numbers, expiry dates, date of birth and so on. This information must be typed in a special form on a webpage provided by the police. When the first party of guests arrives, the owner should go to a police station and ask for the credentials to enter this page. Then every time there is a change of guests in the apartment/villa, it is necessary to report it to the police by entering this page and providing the data.
The signed and filled in form must be kept by the owner for 3 years.
We encourage our owners to do the report regularly, as it is crucial for the holiday rentals to have the police on the owner´s side and comply with the existing rules.
You can download the form to pass to the guests upon arrival here: