What makes it so easy to rent with Rafleys?
Andalusian Rental Law
You can find the below original statements in Spanish by clicking on this link, although we provide you with a brief recap of its crucial points. The below summary will outline conditions necessary to register your holiday property.
Points that categorize your property as holiday rental accommodation
- You possess an occupational licence and satisfy all the necessary quality standards for housing.
- Your property has blinds/curtains to darken windows, and you have a ventilation system in place.
- Your property has all the necessary furnishments for instant use.
- Unless your building is “grade listed” or officially considered that of “cultural interest”, all bedrooms and living rooms should have air conditioning if in use from May to September, and heating if in use from October to April.
- You have a first-aid medical kit which is fully loaded.
- You offer some information and guidance regarding the local facilities, such as medical services, shops, etc.
- You have a complaints and comments journal available.
- The property is cleaned every time before the arrival of a new guest, and after such guest leaves the premises.
- You supply various household goods such as bedsheets, toilet paper, towels, etc.
- You leave your contact number with the guests in order to answer any property-related questions.
- You provide adequate instruction manuals regarding the use of electrical equipment.
- You inform the guests regarding the rules on your property with smoking, pet policy, etc.
Registering your home in Andalusia’s registry of tourism
- You must confirm the fact that the property corresponds to all requirements by submitting a statement to the tourism registry. An essential component of such statement is your property cadastral reference and the maximum intake capacity as shown on the occupation licence, as well as the contact info about the property owner.
- You must show the registration number which you obtained from the registry on all occasions of promoting and advertising of the property.
- You should notify the Andalusian registry of tourism should there be any changes in renting circumstances, for example a switch to longer term rentals.
Organising the process of renting, setting prices and dealing with the reservations
You must provide the visitors with a contract, which would include:
- The property registration number obtained in the registry of Tourism
- The details of the homeowner including contact number
- The details of visitors
- he price for accommodation
- The start and end dates of stay
- All visitors must provide their ID details in order for homeowner to register their data, a similar process to what is practiced in hotels.
- You must use a short term lease contract, which means that no compensation is to follow if the rental is cancelled by either party for any valid reasonan.
In case a property is being rented out for touristic purposes, but has not been registered and does not meet the requirements outlined, or the declaration of responsibility has not been filed, the responsible owner could be fined up to 180,000 EUR.
You must have the following:
- Tourist license
- Signed contract for every booking
- Filled and signed registration sheets for every tourist older than 16 y.o.
- House manual
- Reclamation sheets
- First aid kit
Short Term Rental Agreement
The agreement will have the details of the landowner, including a phone number as laid out in the past area above to address complaints, the property’s original alphanumeric code on being enlisted at the Junta de Andalusia, the reservation dates (entry and takeoff dates), quantities of tenants and aggregate cost of the holiday rental.
1. If the contract does not determine it, it is assumed the rental begins at 16.00 and closures at 12.00pm.
2. The landowner, or individual assigned by him/her, will show the guests around, clarifying how the kitchen and family apparatuses function and giving them security cards and gate codes to the premises. In the event that the vacationer convenience is incorporated into what is known as a Community of Owners, the landowner must supply his visitor a duplicate of the inner local laws governing the group so he/she keeps them amid his stay.
3. A duplicate of the signed Holiday Rental Agreement will be put away by the landowner for up to one year to give it to examination by the significant Authorities.
OFFER FOR HOMEOWNERS
Recommend us to a neighbor and receive a 200€ discount in your commissions since the moment the new contract is signed*
The new owner, recommended by you, who signs a contract with Rafleys will also receive a prize: a free photo session of the property!**
Do not miss this unique opportunity!
*in your upcoming bookings you will receive the booking amount without subtracting our commission (up to the maximum of 200€)
**If the new owner contracts Plan Platinum with us, where the photo session is included, the prize will be changed to 100€ worth discount in any of Rafleys services
***The prize of 200 euros per recommendation is only applicable when the new owner agrees on PLUS or PREMIUM rate, has 1 year of availability of his property and offers Rafleys exclusive rights for marketing the property online.
Other types of contracts might have a prize for recommendation but the amount and the moment of its expedition might vary depending on the perspective of profitability subject to Rafleys team´s criteria.
For more information, contact our Project Coordinator, Maria
Tel: 0034 671 249 184