You can find the below original statements in Spanish by clicking on this link, although we provide you with a brief recap of its crucial points. The below summary will outline conditions necessary to register your holiday property.
Points that categorize your property as holiday rental accommodation
- You possess an occupational licence and satisfy all the necessary quality standards for housing.
- Your property has blinds/curtains to darken windows, and you have a ventilation system in place.
- Your property has all the necessary furnishments for instant use.
- Unless your building is “grade listed” or officially considered that of “cultural interest”, all bedrooms and living rooms should have air conditioning if in use from May to September, and heating if in use from October to April.
- You have a first-aid medical kit which is fully loaded.
- You offer some information and guidance regarding the local facilities, such as medical services, shops, etc.
- You have a complaints and comments journal available.
- The property is cleaned every time before the arrival of a new guest, and after such guest leaves the premises.
- You supply various household goods such as bedsheets, toilet paper, towels, etc.
- You leave your contact number with the guests in order to answer any property-related questions.
- You provide adequate instruction manuals regarding the use of electrical equipment.
- You inform the guests regarding the rules on your property with smoking, pet policy, etc.
Registering your home in Andalusia’s registry of tourism
- You must confirm the fact that the property corresponds to all requirements by submitting a statement to the tourism registry. An essential component of such statement is your property cadastral reference and the maximum intake capacity as shown on the occupation licence, as well as the contact info about the property owner.
- You must show the registration number which you obtained from the registry on all occasions of promoting and advertising of the property.
- You should notify the Andalusian registry of tourism should there be any changes in renting circumstances, for example a switch to longer term rentals.
Organising the process of renting, setting prices and dealing with the reservations
- You must provide the visitors with a contract, which would include:
– The property registration number obtained in the registry of Tourism
– The details of the homeowner including contact number
– The details of visitors
– The price for accommodation
– The start and end dates of stay
- All visitors must provide their ID details in order for homeowner to register their data, a similar process to what is practiced in hotels.
- You must use a short term lease contract, which means that no compensation is to follow if the rental is cancelled by either party for any valid reason.
In case a property is being rented out for touristic purposes, but has not been registered and does not meet the requirements outlined, or the declaration of responsibility has not been filed, the responsible owner could be fined up to 180,000 EUR.
You must have the following:
Short Term Rental Agreement
The agreement will have the details of the landowner, including a phone number as laid out in the past area above to address complaints, the property’s original alphanumeric code on being enlisted at the Junta de Andalusia, the reservation dates (entry and takeoff dates), quantities of tenants and aggregate cost of the holiday rental.
- If the contract does not determine it, it is assumed the rental begins at 16.00 and closures at 12.00pm.
- The landowner, or individual assigned by him/her, will show the guests around, clarifying how the kitchen and family apparatuses function and giving them security cards and gate codes to the premises. In the event that the vacationer convenience is incorporated into what is known as a Community of Owners, the landowner must supply his visitor a duplicate of the inner local laws governing the group so he/she keeps them amid his stay.
- A duplicate of the signed Holiday Rental Agreement will be put away by the landowner for up to one year to give it to examination by the significant Authorities.
Police registration form
All tenants, not only the one reserving the property, will be fully acknowledged in consistence with current Security laws (famously named as “Gag” Law). Guests will supply a copy of their own ID/visa. Just like in hotels, all visitors will be asked to fill in and sign the form upon arrival. In consistence with article 7.2, this registration form must be then sent to the Police or Guardia Civil for each visitor older than 16 years in the 24 hours following the arrival, due to Security Laws from 2003 (Orden INT/1922/2003, de 3 de julio, sobre libros-registro). You may send a photocopy of the filled in and marked registration form inn person, by submitting it to the website of Guardia civil. Registration forms are fixed by law, please click here to find a standardized copy. These forms must be kept safely by landlords for up to 3 years, should the police want to review them.
What makes rentals with Rafleys so easy
Our philosophy is making the owners comfortable with the level of participation in their home´s rentals.
Do you want to create your own listing and communicate with your guests, managing check-ins and check-outs, try our PLAN BASIC
You would rather leave all the rental matters to our managers and just manage the income rentals create in your bank account- then PLAN PREMIUM is the right one for you
Your desire is to participate to the maximum but the lack of time or difficulties with the language add stress to your life- relax and let Rafleys help you only with what you need. Check our PLAN PLUS and decide the best services to contract with Rafleys to make the holiday rent a smooth business rather than a second job for you.
How to list your home
First of all, we take the matter of renting your apartment o villa from the very beginning. You can decide leaving it in our hands, and we will proceed with professional descriptions of the property, professional photsession and creation of listings on all known portals, such as:
Booking.com, Villas.com, Tripadvisor, Flipkey, Abritel.fr, AlugueTemporada, Fewo Direkt, Homelidays, Owner’s Direct, Vacationrentals.com, VRBO, LaComunity, BeMate, MagicStay, Roomorama, GoWithOh, E-Domizil, 9 Flats, HolidayApartments.co.za, Travelmob (Homeaway Growth Network), RentalsCombined, Escalea, Locasun, Dobovo, Habitat Apartments, Delmore, Abritel.fr, HomeAway.at, HomeAway.com.au, AlugueTemporada.com.br, HomeAway.ca, HomeAway.ca.fr, FeWodirekt.de, HomeAway.dk, HomeAway.es, HomeAway.fi, HomeAway.it, HomeAway.com.mx, HomeAway.nl, HomeAway.no, HomeAway.pt, HomeAway.se, HomeAway.co.uk, HomeAway.com, Homelidays.es, Homelidays.com, Homelidays.it, VacationRentals.com, VRBO.com
We will help you:
- Obtain your tourist license, set as mandatory by Junta de Andalucía.
- Write and edit instructions in English and Spanish.
- Develop a strategy to gain popularity among tourist who book online
- Synchronize your calendars and co-work with other managers
- Advertise your apartment/ villa for sale
- Communicate with the tourists
- Manage inquiries and bookings
- Manage safety deposit and disputes related to it
- Keep all the mandatory documents up to date
- Check in and Check out of guests
- Fix, maintain and repair your apartment if needed
- Arrange cleaning and laundry
And much more!
- Have availability. The more open days you have on your calendar, the higher you get on the search lists of different portals
- Have many beautiful photos of your property. People base the decision of the home they rent mainly on the photos they see. It is very important have informative, well lit, professionally made photos that show the essence of your home.
- Adequate your prices to the tendency in your area.
- Have fast internet. Nowadays it is almost impossible to imagine holidays without WIFI, especially if you travel abroad.
- Treat your guests with care and attention. The best way to be visible online and obtain more bookings is to have good comments from your guests. It is important to respond to all their need at all times.
- Have the possibility to book instantly. Many tourists find it difficult to plan their holidays constantly waiting for the owner’s response to their inquiries.
- Have nice amenities such as quality mattresses, new towels and linens, welcome pack, effective heating and cooling systems, good water pressure, etc.
OFFER FOR HOMEOWNERS
Recommend us to a neighbor and receive a 250€ discount in your commissions since the moment the new contract is signed*
The new owner, recommended by you, who signs a contract with Rafleys will also receive a prize: a free photo session of the property!**
Do not miss this unique opportunity!
*in your upcoming bookings you will receive the booking amount without subtracting our commission (up to the maximum of 250€)
**If the new owner contracts Plan Platinum with us, where the photo session is included, the prize will be changed to 100€ worth discount in any of Rafleys services
For more information, contact our Project Coordinator, Maria
Tel: 0034 671 249 184
Within a few weeks from joining Rafleys, my property was booked to over 80% occupancy from April to OctoberAlexander P.
My life has changed after joining Rafleys. People book, the money shows at my account, that’s it.Roberto B.
Our property went live and the next day we received our first booking.Silvia M.
It is the best service so far out there in the market, they made a free photo & video material for us and helped us rent our property!Agnes H.